Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Gods Must Be Crazy

I found a gadget I really like and I even got it to work. The random image of a Hindu God or Goddess is making me smile when I log in and see it. Maybe by the end of this trip I will know a few more of them a bit better than I do now. Maybe not. Retaining information does not seem to be my strong suit these days.

I spoke to a few people today who I will see on this road trip. Some are 'old' friends. Old as in long time...Over 25 years...sheesh! Where does the time go? Some are new friends I met while playing World of Warcraft.

Yes, I know - I'm a non-violent pacifist (most of the time) but I do enjoy the game and I have made some wonderful new friendships through my guild and the game. I am looking forward to meeting as many guildies as I can on this trip.

I must admit that I am a bit concerned about anonymity and blogging. While I want to be honest about who I am and where I am (and where I'm not), I don't want to leave myself wide open to dangerous situations. I almost feel that my friends can put me in more risk than the people reading this that I don't know (if there are any!).

Perhaps I am just being paranoid. To quote the late, great, Harry Chapin: Only time will tell.

Speaking of Harry Chapin we are taking a drive this weekend to go see John Prine. That should be a lovely evening. Ken and I have been looking forward to it for months. Ken has never seen him and I haven't seen him in decades. There is that time thing again - rearing it's ugly head.

And speaking of time....it's time for me to hit the hay. (My grandfather used to say that). Apologies also to my 6th grade teacher, Mrs. Brotman, for starting a sentence with the word 'and'. She told us we should never begin a sentence with 'and' or 'but' - if I remember correctly. I may remember but apparently I don't listen.

Sweet dreams everyone!
- Kass

No comments:

Post a Comment