Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Last night out on the road

As our trip winds down I am both sad and happy. Sad that it is over and yet happy that I love our home and where we live and we'll be back soon. Unless something goes horribly wrong, we should be pulling into our driveway tomorrow afternoon. We are currently in Hagerstown, Maryland.

We planned on spending the night in the Walmart parking lot but stopped a few parking lots over to have dinner at Uno's. We had a very lovely waitress named Amy who is from Ithaca, N.Y. She asked me how my pizza was and I commented that it didn't have much sausage for a 'sausage pizza' but that it was fine. She offered to get me more sausage and I declined. I didn't want to make a big deal about it - I just thought I'd mention it since she asked. Well, she told Steve (the manager), and he came over and wanted to make things right. I wound up with a new pizza (much better than the first) and we got to chatting. He said we could leave the RV parked in their parking lot if we wanted to. Ken asked about internet and he said Panera Bread was right around the other side and we should be able to pull in a signal from there. We finished dinner and drove around to the other side of the building. If you are reading this post - Steve was correct about the internet connection from Panera!

There is so much to do once we get home tomorrow that I don't even want to think about it. We have to unload everything so Ken can bring the RV up to Bob's Camper to get it winterized. I'm not sure how we are going to empty the tanks, but that's a story for another day. It's amazing the amount of stuff you bring with you when you take your home with you on the road. I guess where I am concerned, it's amazing the amount of stuff I bring with me everywhere!

Once home, we have to get organized there. I have to pick up the mail at the Post Office and sort through and pay the bills. We have a bunch of appointments coming up starting next week. Pets to the vet, humans to the doctor, book club meeting, Superbowl, 2nd Sunday lunch - I'm tired just thinking about it all!

I guess I'll post this while my computer cooperates. It likes to lose the signal mid sentence the last few days. That is another thing on the list - bring the computer in to Scott at Mad Macs and get it looked at.

I hope this week is going well for you and that life is treating you kindly.
~ Kassidee

No comments:

Post a Comment