Saturday, January 30, 2010

Safe in Dallas

Hello from the Walmart parking lot in Dallas, near our friends Shelley and Jay. Thank you all for your good wishes and thoughts today. The beginning of the trip was a bit hairy, but overall it really wasn't too bad. We made it to safe, dry roads and got to Dallas in time for dinner with our friends.

We went to The Blue Fish and had a wonderful meal. We had a great waitress and only a short wait for a table. We are back at the RV and I am managing to get a signal from a nearby restaurant/coffee shop. It's not strong, but it's enough to let me post and let you all know we are safe. What more could you ask for?

Tomorrow we'll be heading east and then eventually we'll turn north and hope for the best. As long as we are home in time for the Superbowl - everything will be good. We missed my cousin's 8th birthday party today and that makes me sad, but we'll plan a trip to see him soon.

I hope this post finds you safe and warm and happy on this Saturday night. It's actually my half birthday - so happy unbirthday to me!

~ Kass

2 comments: