Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Life is Grants

We stopped in Grants, N.M. for the night. Ken had spotted a sign for a 15 dollar a night RV Park when we were headed west. Now that we were headed east, he made good use of it. How can you go wrong for 15 dollars? We pulled in late last night after having a (very) late lunch in Flagstaff, Arizona. We are at the Bar S RV Park.

Yesterday was a travel day. We got up early, pulled up stakes, and hit the road. We drove until about 4:30 and had ‘lunch’ (my only meal of the day) in Flagstaff at Mama Luisa’s. It was a nice little place, with a friendly waitress but the food was the most bland, unseasoned, boring food I think I ever ate. Scratch that off the list of places to eat again.

We were back on the road – until we hit Grants. I read my book club book all the way here - Olive Kitteridge. Now I can go the meeting when I get home having read the book. As soon as I hit 'send' we are off to Santa Fe for my hamburger and a one stop shopping trip. Luckily, the store is in the same building as the restaurant.

Ken is waiting for me to get off the computer so he can pull in the slide and we can hit the road. Santa Fe – here I come.

~ Kassidee

No comments:

Post a Comment