Saturday, December 26, 2009

Copy and Paste Christmas Ramblings

Hello again and Merry Christmas evening one and all. I am staying in a very friendly community where walking down the road everyone says Merry Christmas as you walk by. In the mornings and evenings when folks are out walking their dogs, everyone says hello to each other. It’s quite nice.

I am once again having connection issues with my laptop and I am saving this to my word processor to post later. I am typing at 9:30 P.M. on Christmas night. I am down on the dock with the scent of ocean on the breeze. It is humid and warm and the wind is picking up a bit.

The boats are swaying gently and I love hearing the creeks and groans. As I look around I can see white lights adorning the homes along the waterway. If you aren’t going to have snow for Christmas, this is a nice second! The palm trees are silhouetted against the sky and reflected in the barely rippling water. It is one of those times I wish I could paint so I could capture the moment and keep it forever. The kind of memory you want to tuck away and save for those days when you need a smile and a reminder of better times. It really is wonderful to know you are in the middle of ‘one of those times’ worth remembering. I want to drink it in and I want to share it with you. Thanks for being out here in cyberspace to share it with me.

I want to wish everyone a joyous, healthy and prosperous New Year. May peace find you, and joy comfort you. May good things wrap you up like a hug from an old and dear friend and may you find the strength to cope with all the things that come your way. These are not easy times we are going through and I hope no one out there feels they are going through them alone. We are one big global family and though some feel the internet is making us anti-social, I feel that my family of friends has increased dramatically because of the internet and I wouldn’t trade these friends for the world. We might not recognize each other walking down the street, but the care and concern and feelings we have for each other are no less valid than with the people I know ‘in person’.

I am grateful for the good friends I have and the family I have created, as well as the ones I am actually related to! It is good to know you are all out there.

I am rambling and getting sentimental – and I am stone cold sober. Imagine if I drank tonight at dinner! LOL

I will tell you about our escapades in Florida in another post but rest assured we are having a wonderful time.

Merry Happy!
~Kass

No comments:

Post a Comment